View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 12:44 AM   #136
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
At least 80% of the people I know from work, (40ish people), fall under my category... At least 50% of my friends that play this play it for all sports and care about 1 or 2... I would stop short of betting my house, (sticking with U2s betting methods since he is such a fantasy nerd too), on the fact that there are more overall fantasy nerds than fantasy players.
I should hope there are those fish. Else, how would the leagues ever get filled?

As nashty says, it's a communal sort of thing. It's something you can brag about, or argue about, or negotiate about, when your buds get together.

It's not any different than the golf game or the poker game you have weekly with your buds. There will always be guys who take it more, and less, seriously than others. That's just the way it goes.

Fantasy is fun. Get off your horse and dig into it, and you will recognize it for yourself. Now, there *are* no cheats, like in the video games. You will actually have to use your mind for this one. And there stands a good chance that you won't be miles and miles ahead of second place. It's all about making yourself vulnerable and being willing to lose. Not sure you are ready to do that. Not sure you are ready for the week-in and week-out heartache.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote