View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 07:58 AM   #125
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
It would have gone down differently because as soon as he "assessed" the situation, he would have let a white driver go see his dying mother-in-law (even if he still wrote him a ticket afterwards).

Now, I'm not saying the guy purposefully or consciously thought to himself, "Because this man is black, I'm going to make his life hell," but you are absolutely, certifiably, 100% wrong if you think the fact that it was a young black guy giving the cop attitude didn't play a part.

i rarely do this but i have to side with dad in this instance - there's no way, from the evidence we have been given, to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that race played any part in this incident. could it have? of course, but to insist, practically demand, it did without knowing more about powell than what we've learned so far from this incident is jumping to a serious conclusion.