View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #9
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL View Post
Actually you misstated my position. I don't think Bush deserves blame for the embassy attacks, nor do I think Obama deserves blame. It is very hard - almost impossible - to keep dozens of U.S. embassies in the Arab world safe from terrorist attacks. As crazy as that may sound to you, it is true.

Unlike you I'm consistent in that I'm not criticizing either President. But after one embassy attack you have conservatives coming out of the wood work lambasting Obama, while at the same time they were silent when the problem was much worse under Bush. They are hypocrites and craven political opportunists.
I wasn't mis-stating anything. I quoted from above. I actually wasn't getting onto you persa -- I just had a child who did the same thing to me. Such and such did it, and they were worse than me.

I just stated that this is typical in America today -- don't address the issue, but place blame somewhere else and claim it is worse that what "ZZZ" did.

I think all of the presidents since before my time ...... have not been there for the best of the people but out for the best for themselves. And I know that they don't speak for or represent me well.

--- And just as a question- are you in the security business, or how do you know it is almost impossible to defend an embassy? I am curious how much military and tactical training and combat you have seen. PS: I think you are absolutely correct here -- but am curious why I should listen to what you have to say about it.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote