View Single Post
Old 08-04-2003, 08:54 PM   #8
mikeinrowlett

mikeinrowlett is on a distinguished road
Default Vladimir Stepania

Please don't look at the player acquisition period as being up when the season starts. Trades can be made up until the Feb trade deadline and adding payroll makes just that much tougher to make a deal. Unless you can sign the guy for one year and make him a part of a mid season deal it doesn't make much sense. Don't make a move for the sake of making a move. Mavericks will still have a team vying for the top spot. Who did we lose to last year? The top contenders in the west. We may still lose to those teams but will continue to beat the have nots of the east and the wannabes in the west. I see alot of panic on this board. Relax people, the Mavs will be fine and will make the right moves when the time comes. I was upset when we didn't land anyone that would help but to just get someone because they are available is not the way to go. Raef Lafrentz is better than this guy. He will certainly improve and please consider he is still young. He will be given more of an opportunity to score inside and not be asked to hang out 18-23 feet away from the basket as much. No to Stephania and yes to giving Raef another opportunity to show what he can do. Unless we can trade for a true center/banger I don't really see the point.
mikeinrowlett is offline   Reply With Quote