View Single Post
Old 08-04-2003, 09:40 PM   #10
mikeinrowlett

mikeinrowlett is on a distinguished road
Default Vladimir Stepania

Yes, says me. More of an opportunity to play in the paint. I think you'll see a change of philosophy on the offensive end to include more chances there for Raef. Raef blocks shots on the weakside and straight up against his man more than he is given credit for on the defensive end. I understand Stepania gets good rebounds per minutes but is this against front line guys? NO. Is it against Shaq and Duncan and Garnett in the West. Spares in the east. You are overselling this guy big time. It is assumed here that if Raef is not here he has been traded for someone who can help in the middle and the 7'1" overrated Stepania on this board will not be needed. Please remember if you are paying this guy essentially EIGHT MILLION BUCKS a year when considering tax implications that a deal to take on bad contracts to get a guy we really want ain't gonna happen. We have enough of those already. Does Stepania get you to the NBA Finals? HELL NO!!! So what's the point? If you can answer that question I really don't see how you can justify the signing. P.S. You can't.
'
mikeinrowlett is offline   Reply With Quote