View Single Post
Old 08-05-2003, 01:18 AM   #23
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Vladimir Stepania

I know those in the general public wish we would have signed Keon Clark last year.

Well, I'll just thank goodness we don't have any of the members of that "general public" or Geoff Petrie making roster-aquisition decisions for our Mavs...

On the subject of Vlad and trades:

I think that Vladimir Stepania might be a pretty decent stop-gap aquistion for us, but I also tend to think that the man might not be offensively able enough to fit into a Nelson-style offense, and judging by his rejection of the Miami offer, he and his agent might have salary asperations that place the man outside of the reach of our MLE... He could be a nice player for us, but his aquistion by the Mavs just seems pretty unlikely to me...

Aside from the issue of FA Vlad, I will actually agree with the newcomer Rowlett in his assertion that any prospective trade's in the Mav's future are far more likely to happen at next season's trade deadline than at any time in the remainder of this pre-season...

Sure, the Cuban-Nelson braintrust has certainly been threatened by the menacing FA aquisitions of the Lakers, Spurs, and TWolves (A lot of folks also think that Sacramento significantly upgraded this Summer, but methinks they got fleeced in paying the price that they paid for Eastern conference utility-junk-man Brad Miller), but I don't believe that Dallas is about to make a stupid deal just for the sake of forcing some movement this off-season...

Unless something significant happens between Dallas and Atlanta (soon to be the fief of Mavs season-ticket holder and former Mavs minority owner David McDavid), I just don't see us making any significant trade moves before mid-season of next year...