View Single Post
Old 08-05-2003, 02:18 PM   #34
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough
Default Vladimir Stepania

I don't understand the infatuation of Step on this board. Granted I haven't seen him play the last few years, but lets look at the facts.

He has been shunned by at least 3 teams (Seattle, NJ and NY I believe). When he was in NJ, Esch was on that team. Esch played a ton more minutes then the great mr. Step.

Last year he played on a heat team with no depth and no center. He managed 20 minutes on that same centerless team who was also a very bad team.

This offseason big guys are getting overpaid by everyone. The Heat still don't have a center and have 12 million in cap room. Riley who has seen this 7'1 GREAT rebounder play for two years but has only offered him the minimum for 1 year to come back. Plus no other of the teams in the league who all could use a center or a GREAT rebounder has offered this kid a multi year deal.

For God's sake, sign him to a small deal but I don't see the infactuation for this kid. Were these the same people saying the sky was falling when Booth and Wang left? Maybe he is slipping through the cracks and is a player who is improving, although I think that at best he is a 8-9 man on a team. We already have Bradley for that.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote