View Single Post
Old 08-05-2003, 02:41 PM   #35
mikeinrowlett

mikeinrowlett is on a distinguished road
Default Vladimir Stepania

KGveteran I'll try to remember the paragraph thing. I think were you and I get crossed up is your assumption that the MLE must be spent. I have never suggested that it need be so. In fact I wish to err on the side of caution regarding this matter. It is irrelevant if we are over the cap at this time. I understand that the MLE is afforded to us due to the fact that we are over the cap and that this is the only reason we have it.

Just one more point regarding contradicting myself. Stepania would not be signed by Miami to be the final piece to a championship puzzle. Nor would he be here. I think he could help but towards the ulitimate goal he is a non factor.

Who is the player that will get us to the championship. He comes in a trade, not a MLE signing. I think the Mavericks themselves admitted as much. You have to deal in speculation when it comes to the future because nothing is certain. Declaring that Stepania is worthy of signing in and of itself is speculation. NO different than me speculating that Raef wiill play in the post or that a better deal will come along.

I'm sure there was some other stuff but I can't remember it right now.
mikeinrowlett is offline   Reply With Quote