Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 11:04 AM   #1202
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Oh?! Is winning much easier to do than winning? Is that just in the nba or is that across the board with all sports

I have not seen that quote from Dirk. But yes, I take what Cubes says with a grain of salt... just like many others do.

My question still stands, if Rick was able to be that accurate and managed to lose that amount of close games on purpose, which started happening well before we were eliminated from the playoff picture, why not win them? It's because we just weren't good enough...we tried but we couldn't quite get it done.
Obviously the Mavs weren't good enough, but throwing close games isn't some terribly difficult thing to do. And if you thought the Mavs were that bad, then why would it matter to purposely tank anyway? Outside of uselessly playing JJB, I have little issue with the young guys giving their all trying to win.

Remember before the season started that most of us wanted to see youth development while staying competitive in games. In that regard, the season was a pretty good success.

Quote:
Asked if he could tell which teams are diving for lottery position, he said: "Yeah, it's pretty obvious."

And as a 3-3 record in March shows, the Mavericks aren't in that group.

"Well," Nowitzki said, "I think Mark messed that up for us."
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...answer-obvious

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote