View Single Post
Old 07-28-2003, 07:31 PM   #39
mattyd
Banned

mattyd is on a distinguished road
Default $400.00 per child Tax-relief Checks are in the Mail- Bush screws the working poor!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
Quote:
how pathetic is this? ...do not pay enough income tax... Those families that earn between $10,500 and $26,000 get screwed.
Pathetic is that here $10,500 is more than a new graduated from college earns, if is lucky enough to get a job. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] And s/he still has to pay close to 20% for income tax, not to mention the direct 15% tax.

WE are screwed.
College grads are getting screwed here too. As a recent college grad I feel compeled to point out that a lot of us are having to work 2 or more jobs to pay off student loans. And by the way, the Bush White House wants to end the practice of allowing students to consolidate their loans after graduation.

An extreme example, but it is true - a friend of mine just graduated from Texas A&M with a degree in engineering. He was a good student - had a GPA over 3.25. He cannot find a job that pays enough for him to afford to move out of his parents house in Carrolton.

A lot of us that have just graduated have had to go to graduate school because we couldn't find jobs and we can't afford to pay back our student loans. Blame Sept. 11 for the bad economy, blame George W. Whatever the case may be, things are bad right now, and everyone needs a little kick back this year (well, except the much talked about wealthiest 10%!).
mattyd is offline   Reply With Quote