View Single Post
Old 10-08-2004, 12:59 AM   #13
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Default RE:Woody Dantzler.....

Just thought I'd mention......................he MIGHT be back

From DallasCowboys.com
Returns In Question

Earlier in the week, Parcells said he had decided who would return punts for Sunday's game, and although cornerback Terence Newman could get some spot-duty against the Giants, it appears the Cowboys will stick with veteran Dedric Ward .

"I think probably right now I am going to go with Dedric," Parcells said. "We worked Terence in a little bit. There could be some situations where Terence will get involved. The bigger problem is kickoff returns this week. Because Jacques (Reeves) is going to be playing more, I have to do something there."

Reeves and ReShard Lee have returned kickoffs in the first three games, but with Reeves getting more work on defense, that could open the door for either Nate Jones or Bruce Thornton to return kickoffs.

Parcells also said two players on the practice squad could be an option. Those candidates likely include rookie wide receiver Patrick Crayton, who was just sent to the squad this week, or possibly rookie wide receiver Terrance Copper, who returned some kickoffs in preseason.

And don't forget about Woody Dantzler, who worked out for the Cowboys on Tuesday. Dantzler spent last year's training camp with the Cowboys, only to get released on the final cut and claimed on waivers by Atlanta. But the former college quarterback suffered a high ankle sprain in camp with the Falcons, and was released by an injury settlement. He has recovered, and certainly was a favorite of Parcells' in 2003. The Cowboys will certainly keep a close eye on him here in the next few weeks.

Dallas Cowboys.com