Thread: Ka-BOOM!
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 10:36 PM   #114
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Dude, the fact is I really, really hope you are right. I want a strong economy regardless of how we get there and who claims the credit. When I see us with a balanced budget and a trend toward a reduced debt, then I will rest easier. As far as dubya crowing, let him crow if he wants. He is the Prez and he has had difficult issues to deal with. He deserves a break every now and then amongst the scrutiny that comes with the job. I just don't think the present numbers necessarily represent a "new trend". It is premature to declare we now have a handle on this problem. For me government should be about solving problems and not winning the partisan game of politics and it is disheartening when national issues are reduced to who gets the blame and who gets the credit. As far as me blaming Reagan for the debt. Sorry if I gave you that impression. The upturn in the trend towards an expanding debt became obvious during the Reagan years, but there is little doubt in my mind that the problems began before he took office. And yes, Congressional spending has alot to do with it, but I would like to see a President just say "No more" and mean it.
purplefrog is online now   Reply With Quote