View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #30
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
I love the defensive intensity. I just hope he can do a little more than be a jump-shooter offensively. He showed some promise finishing after contact on a layup, and maintaining control running-back style while burying his head on a drive on a separate play. If he can work in one or two post moves, sorta like Marion's little flip hook or an up and under, he can add tremendously to his game.

I don't see him being able to create his own jumpshot, and while it's good he can hit the three to keep the defense honest, i'd like to see a little more offensive dynamism from our 1-2-3 positions. As is, though, I think he's definitely our most ready rookie.
If he can knock down open 3s at a good rate, rebound, and be a really good defender that is great value for a early second rounder. His handle definitely needs some work, and he is going to have to be quick to work in the post at his size.