View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 05:16 PM   #7
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to write such a long-winded response. I guess my summation is: I see very little down side to picking two young, cheap contract players (we need those!) and using the MLE on a player we target that will be a contributing rotation member on a contract that is moveable in a big future trade or short enough that it doesn’t matter. Ideally at least one of these between the picks and MLE is an athletic wing that can defend and rebound. Ideally the picks are BPA. Eventually, either with cap space or by trade, we add a legit 2nd/3rd option like Boston did with Kemba. Someone like Beal ideally. To take the heat off Luka and score and be the focal point when Luka sits. It’s possible we get this player in the draft(Kira Lewis, Maxey?) but highly unlikely at 18. It’s also highly unlikely we get this player this offseason in FA or trade(Wood, FVV?). So just collect good young players who could be assets used for that future player who gets moved in the next two years.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote