View Single Post
Old 07-25-2001, 06:33 PM   #19
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

I couldnt agree more on your take KID. Emmitt had it all. A great O line and a balanced offense. That O line Dominated teams- period. You could drive a truck thru some of the holes they created. If a team then put 8 or 9 in the box- Aikman would throw to Irvin or Harper or Novacek all day. You had to respect their run and their pass. With that being said- Emmitt was on the right team at the right time. Not even close to the runner Barry Sanders, Payton,Brown,Dorsett,Dickerson,Sayers were. But he might end up with the record?! Just proves my point- the team, the system, made him better than he would have been on any other team during his career. He was/is great- but not in the class of the above.

And Murph- I didnt say Sanders wasnt good. I said he was the best DB EVER, its just now he still has that reputation as still being the best, and he is NOT