View Single Post
Old 07-25-2001, 10:14 PM   #22
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt seriously that Sanders would have gained much more yardage behind the Cowboy line. Sanders was not a disciplined runner - he would not hit the hole. He would jitterbug around and that was effective for him. He's a Hall of Fame back and I love watching his touchdown runs more than any other highlight. Emmitt, however, would hit the hole. The blockers KNEW they HAD to make the block, 'cause E Smith was going into that hole. Emmitt would always give his blockers their props, I rarely heard Sanders do that. Maybe that's one of the reasons that the Lions never had many Pro-Bowl linemen - Barry's jitterbugging would always make them look bad.

In case anyone hasn't noticed, Emmitt is my favorite player who is currently active in sports.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote