View Single Post
Old 07-26-2001, 09:20 AM   #24
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

MFFL, you're right, he quit. However I disagree with the fact that he would not hit the hole if it were there. That's one of the great things about Sanders, when there was space there, he could hit it. However he's great at making people miss, that's what he's known for. Also, look at the fact that despite running without a full back for the majority of his career he still has the highest average yards per carry. That's impressive for someone with as many carries that he has.

However I agree with you about Payton being probably the most complete back there is also. That's very true.

Murph- you're right about Sanders blocking, he isn't even half the blocker that Emmitt is true, but I think in every other category, he was just as complete as Emmitt. He could catch coming out of the back field and he is able to get the tough yards. It was just that he played for DUMBA WAYNE FONTES who decided not to give him the ball in short yardage situations. It was Bobby Ross who decided to do it and found out that Sanders could actually get the tough yards when asked to.