View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 10:24 AM   #15
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Gervin
I am not posting this regarding whether bowen is a dirty player or not. Bowen and allen have been going at each other for years and don't hide their dislike for one another. If you follow the play Allen essentially layed on bowens legs longer than he had to and bruce kicked him off. I agree that he deserved a technical but bowen was telling the referee that he , allen, was trying to hurt him and would not get off his legs. Just thought I would add this info..
Hm...from the ESPN video it doesn't look like Ray was ever even on Bruce Bowen's legs. At the very most Ray might have fallen on Bowen's left foot but even then it must have been inadvertent because Ray's back was to Bowen the entire time he was falling down. Allen looks like he was focused on complaining to the ref about the foul, then he gets kicked in the back at which point he turned and attempted to retaliate.

Watching it again, it doesn't even look like Allen was on Bowen's foot. The way that Allen landed, it appears that Bowen's foot was caught between Allen's arm and his torso...for less than a second...and it doesn't appear that Allen tried anything malicious.

Bowen's a thug. We've seen it with Wally, we've seen it with Finley, we've seen it with Dirk, and now we're seeing it again with Ray. Just play the game Bruce...

Last edited by orangedays; 03-27-2006 at 10:25 AM.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote