View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 10:28 AM   #16
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDirkulous Tyme View Post
Love this article. And I'd agree with ^^ dirk definitely loves the Peja. I think people around here really have the wrong idea of what he brings to the table for this team. I can't even believe people are expecting him to fill the 15-17ppg provided by Butler, not to mention all of the intangibles and defensive prowess. However, Peja WILL be extremely valuable to this team. The fact is, whether he is 1-10 or 10-10, when he is on the court, the opposing team is forced to keep a man close, which, in turn, makes everyone's job easier. Stevenson, despite his drastically improved overall 3pt percentage, is still not, and will never be a respected 3 point shooter in this league. It doesn't matter how many games he has hitting 3-4 3's, teams will still leave him to double Dirk. With Peja, that is not the case. There is a reason he is #4 (about to be #3) on the tall time list, the man can straight up wet the 3.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as he is healthy enough to step on the court and make somewhat athletic moves, he is doing his job. He is spacing the floor, making his open shots, and playing within himself. As long as Roddy does what I expect him to do, that will be all we need from Peja.
I mentioned this in another thread, but I think Peja is less of a Caron Butler replacement and more of a Tim Thomas replacement (someone we would have missed a LOT this season if Butler and Stevenson didn't have those amazing 3-point shooting stretches...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote