View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 09:20 PM   #124
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
I'd like to see at least 2-3 other parties form, at different points on the political spectrum, forcing coalitions to form in order to advance reforms and initiatives. Two parties make it too easy for an obstructionist party to stymie progress.
I'm not going to argue the rest of your points because I don't necessarily disagree with them -- just pointing out why the the Republicans aren't running independent at this point...

As for 2-3 more parties? I'd rather see political parties done away with and have individual candidates with original ideas instead of the popularity contest that partisan politics inevitably devolves into... Right now the party shapes the voter instead of the voter shaping the party -- that's not how democracy is supposed to work... I'm not sure if a slightly-wider variety of group-think is going to fix that.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-09-2016 at 09:29 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote