View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 09:41 PM   #177
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
In education -- who score historically better private schools or public ones?
I received a very good education in a class of 50+ primarily because the nuns installed discipline and the parents were aware and agreed with it. We spend more per student than many countries that are kicking our ass in math and science proficiency.

Quote:
It isn't the same because people have to have healthcare -- else they die. It is the same though because the more $$$$ you have - the better you get.
Nonsense. The BS additional overhead in administration adds nothing to care levels because most care people get in their life is not administered by a Doctor. They don't take your blood pressure, shoot the xrays, do the blood work etc...Now we have a system so fractured and messed up because after laws were passed that forced a series of procedures to be offered at the same price with no allowance for risk factors adjustments were made elsewhere.

Most dental plans still work like medical insurance used to. People without it will still go in for the cleanings and if you have a toothache likewise. You might have straighter or more cosmetically pleasing chompers but routine care is still out of pocket affordable. Dentists are still competing for my business. I have Dental insurance but the choices I have compared to my PPO are huge compared to my PPO. I probably see 5 pieces of junk mail per week because the business from uninsured is still substantial and I can haul ass with my insured business easily.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote