View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #41
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

1st: Talent doesn't always pan out. In fact, it usually doesn't. I'm sure there was/are/will be hundreds of elite HOF-potential talents who didn't, aren't, won't ever amount to anything for different reasons. That doesn't mean talent is something you need to stay away from. Almost every single HOF player was an elite talent at a young age.

2nd: This kid is a much better prospect than Roddy was, to be honest, and i'm a huge Roddy homer. His ball handling is amazing for his size, he plays PG at 6'9, and he'll be SF in the NBA. Roddy was an average ball-handler, and unfortunately that never really changed. Another thing, it's not like you could nab some surefire franchise player from that draft.

Obviously if we luck out and crack the top 3, we're gonna draft Noel, McLemore, or Zeller, but if we're picking at 10, 11, 12, why wouldn't you go for upside? We need talent badly, we're not one piece away from contending again. You go for upside over a potentially good rotation player, i don't even think it's debatable to be honest, considering our current outlook.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 04-11-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote