Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 02:45 PM   #359
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_3_Ball View Post
Bulls and Nets have the same record 18-32.

Such a pessimist LOL. Barely in the top 8 would mean there's pressure from the 9th team with the worst record. In this case LAL & CHA. Mavs are up 4 games on both of those teams. There's only 31 games left to play (for the Mavs, some of these other teams have 32 or 33 games left). 4 games is a lot to make up in just 31 games; especially when the Mavs are only going to win another 9 to 11 times. Say for the CHI to jump ahead of the Mavs, they'd have to lose so often it'd give wins to teams like BKN, CHA, even ORL & ATL. Somebody would wind up falling behind the Mavs & we'd still stay in the top 8---in all probability.

I can't wait for these next 2 games vs PHX & SAC on the road. This picture could look amazing if the Mavs can manage to drop 1 or both of those games. ATL & ORL have some very winnable games this week. LAL & BKN face each other too!
I think you misread. Mavs aren't barely in the top 8. Grizzlies are. They are only one game ahead of the Lakers and 2 games ahead of the Hornets. One game

I mean, ending up 9 (and drafting 9-11) isn't off the table. If the Mavs pulled out 7-24 with one of the easiest schedules in the league and Grizz went 4-29 (and the rest were equally bad), we could hypothetically do it.

Ending the season 5-6 (and potentially drafting 7-8) is much more likely when you look at injuries, strength of remaining schedule, and current trends. I'd wager $10 that the Suns draft better. Bulls/Nets/Grizz have a chance too, but Suns are almost a lock to.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-30-2018 at 03:22 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote