View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 04:10 PM   #90
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav Addict View Post
Not only does Garrett not fill that stadium, but he also not put bodies in fron of the television to watch them.....yesterday was the first time that I did not watch the Cowboys in 8 years...when normally my entire Sunday revolves around the Cowboys
Yeah, I watched, but I just laughed. Again, I am past the frustration part and I truly am ever so slightly stoked at the idea of this upcoming draft in the way SA fans had to be knowing that Robinson would be back the next year along with a special player out of Wake Forest.

No, this obviously doesn't carry the exact same positive potential but if you turn the top 5 pick into a lower 1st, another 2nd, and a 1st next year we will have a lot of high-end talent coming on board in the next couple of years, especially when you consider that our 2nd is essentially a 1st, the 3rd essentially a 2nd, etc... Hell, even if we keep all the picks, that just means we have an even bigger opportunity to draft one or more true impact players, like we did last year with Dez (damn that boy is good, despite the muff).

You add all of that extra talent into an already talented roster (obviously with some player churning on the line and in the secondary) that now has fundamentals, discipline, and passion coming from Gruden/Cowher (oh yes, with our David Robinson back in Romo) and you have a very, very good team again.

This year sucks, but I just smile with every horrible loss. I am a Cowboy lifer, and I see the bigger picture here.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 11-08-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote