View Single Post
Old 12-05-2003, 12:15 PM   #13
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Unbelievable response from fans.

Great post Kiki except from making me look op the meaning of "Capon". Remember a lot of the posters here are very lazy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I couple of comments:

Quote:
Here's the damnedest part--I was all set to give the Mavs a free pass last night. I had no expectation that they'd win without Dirk. There should've been zero pressure on them. All they have to is show up, play hard, compete hard, show that they're not afraid to play with the Lakers, and at least dangle the notion that if they play against the Lakers in the playoffs, they may have a chance of winning.
My exact feelings. I just wanted to see our guys stand up to the Fakers and play hard.

Quote:
The "braintrust" went after Mourning instead of Malone, allowing the latter to go to a conference rival. Clearly a failure, even if it was a disaster averted.
The disaster here was only partially averted. The real disaster is us not having malone and the Lakers having him. If we'd had gotten mourning, the only thing we'd be out is our MLE and a few bucks from Cubes pocket. Not good, but nothing compared to losing out on Malone and letting the Fakers get him. Maybe the Fakers would have gotten him anyways, but at least the balless wonder could have made a play for him. I got to believe that Nellie was behind this. If Karl Malone had seen his coach acting as chicken shit as Nellie, then it would have been Nellie recieving the elbow and not Nash.