View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #27
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
1) My +/- is net +/- not raw plus-minus as NBA.com does it.
Doesn't matter. Fish, both the DJs, Vince, Jae and Curry all rank ahead of him in per-minute net by my calculations.

Quote:
3) As much as a player can contribute in a team game (which I thought was obvious), he did. 8pts on 80% shooting, 4reb, 3 knockaways, 1block and a crucial steal that lead to 2FTs and possession. I'm not sure if you are arguing semantics or expecting more from a reserve. What is your argument there?
Maybe it's just semantics. It's got nothing to do with expectations, though. I just don't agree that Brandan did enough last night to earn the (one) game ball, or to be credited with being the one guy who won the game for the Mavs. He contributed in a number of positive ways, just like a bunch of other guys, and he was imperfect in several ways, just like a bunch of other guys. It was a team win, and there's no shortage of players who simultaneously deserve credit both for the fact that it was a win, and for the fact that it almost wasn't.