View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 04:42 PM   #326
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down (no spoilers)

Finally saw the new Avengers movie... I guess the best way to sum it up would be to update my all-time Marvel list:

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Avengers
Captain America: The First Avenger
Thor
Iron Man
Iron Man 3
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Thor: The Dark World
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2

I had high hopes for this one, but it failed to deliver on almost every front... None of the jokes landed for me, the CGI looked downright awful in parts (especially the physics), and the whole thing seemed like it only existed to set up the next Thor and Captain America movies, Ã* la Iron Man 2.

I could go deeper into why I disliked it, but I have no interest in getting into spoilers. I guess my biggest gripe is that the movie spent more time saying things rather than showing them... Which is insane, considering it was 2 hours 21 minutes long, but it really seemed like it could have used another hour to flesh itself out. Honestly, they just tried to cram too much sh!t into one movie -- some of these ideas/characters should have been saved for another flick.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-18-2015 at 05:53 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote