View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #64
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL View Post
But they are not a thinking feeling human yet and that is what I care about. I don't care if the cell is a zygote or not. That seems like a rather arbitrary distinction to me. The fact that it may one day be a baby is irrelevant. Just like the fact that a sperm may be a baby one day is irrelevant to me.

-------------------------------------------------

Do you really think I am against contraception? I was referring to Catholicism's argument. That's their argument. Not mine.

-------------------------------------------------

No it is true for everyone. You can't get prosecuted in the court of law for aborting a 4 week embryo. Just like you can't get prosecuted in a court of law for killing sperm with spermicide. Murder implies there are legal ramifications. There is not. my wife can have as many abortions as she likes and not get prosecuted. In our society aborting a 4 week embryo is not considered murder. That is not going to change any time soon, so that is something you are just going to have to deal with.

------------------------------------------------

When did I ever say I defined life as sentience? Sperm is life as far as I'm concerned. But even though sperm may be life it shouldn't be given the same rights as you and me because it is not sentient.

And I don't care whether you consider a human vegetable as life. It doesn't think or feel so it should be given the same rights as me.
My biggest problem with this typical liberal thinking that you are implying......is that it basically says that man makes the rules and decisions.

In our society we may not consider the killing of a 4 week old embryo murder, and I may have to accept that. Prior years back, the killing of a black wasn't considered murder because they weren't human. Last century, Hitler thought it was OK to kill Jews because they weren't human.

So I should think that all these law makers and judges are correct because they tell me that this embryo isn't human. They tell me that it can't feel -- but have no proof. They imply that they KNOW what is right and wrong.

Sorry, but that doesn't work from my experience, because anytime you say that man makes the rules -- then it is just up to which man is in power at the time and life becomes ruled by the ruthless.

Think taking a life is a little bit of a selfish act? Just curious, because everyone has to justify their own way.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote