View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 10:20 PM   #461
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMavsFan View Post
If Sarah Palin is leader of a new age for the Republican party, the Democrats have nothing to worry about. The Republicans need to inject youth into their party to attract younger voters, and I'll take Bobby Jindal over Sarah Palin any day of the week. Obviously I disagree with Jindal on alot of the issues, but at least he's got a grasp on them. Sarah Palin is a moron, and if anything she was directly responsible for the election being such a blowout. Palin made a joke out of McCain's campaign, just as if Obama appointed Dennis Kucinich as his VP his campaign would have gone downhill.

A new generation is starting to go the polls, and Republicans have to accept that they are going to be more progressive and more left leaning that the past generations. They have to adjust to that, and I have no doubt they will.
Bobby Jindal is incredible. He is definitely a rising star in the Republican Party. But, he is not a "more progressive and more left leaning" person. As a matter of fact, a Bobby Jindal/Sarah Palin ticket would be great. Condi Rice might surprise next time as well.

But, I also expect Newt Gingrich to be back in the race. And, if he runs, he will win the primary and be the candidate. And, he is definitely not a "more progressive and more left leaning" candidate.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote