View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 01:13 PM   #53
Quantum

Quantum is a jewel in the roughQuantum is a jewel in the roughQuantum is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
LOL

THJ when you look at most box score seems to be the only Mavs payer who ends the games without a single assist.

Last night was a perfect example, they put up 140 points and he didn't register one assist

I think he's in the perfect role now as 6th man but come on sometimes you got to pass the ball and feed your big men. He's one of the reason's why when Luka leaves the game and KP stays on the floor you won't see KP get many shots with that 2nd unit.

I mean Jordan Clarkson and Lou Williams each have that shoot 1st mentality as 6th man but you also see them mixing it up and getting other guys the rock.
He has one of the best looking shots in the game...he makes shots too. But damn...dude has bad tunnel vision when ball is in his hands.

If he doesnt take the three and decides to put the ball on the floor...no one else is getting the ball. Almost like what going on in his head is "Shot clock is low...I gotta make something happen"

Its crazy how his dad was a sweet dribbler....but THJ seems stiff...he doesnt have the natural gift/feel for dribbling unfortunately. If he could dribble better(more creative at getting past the defender) and finish at the rim more...he would amazing. A lot of guys would be amazing with another skill in their bag...but why I say this with THJ is because most guys in the League have good dribbles and decent finishers playing 1-3 position.

He has gotten more aggressive at taking it to the rim(at least to me it seems that way from last year to this year...dont know about his early days) which I like...and it will help him get paid long term...but he needs to focus on passing after putting the ball on the floor.

Last edited by Quantum; 02-13-2021 at 01:15 PM.
Quantum is offline   Reply With Quote