View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 06:30 PM   #79
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I've been harping for a while to get Luka a pick and roll partner. As good as our offense has been, it hasn't even come close to Luka's second year before Dwight's achilles injury. I expect that we will have the best offense in the league by a wide margin this upcoming season.
Exactly. Frankly I think Wood is what we were all hoping Porzingis would be- a devastating pick and roll big man, who can do pretty much everything on offense. He's not just a "roll" man, he can handle the ball and isolate pretty well too. Not to mention .39 3pt% and he's an elite defensive rebounder too. I'm absolutely salivating.

While the starting lineup I'm sure will be DFS and Wood, what I'm really looking forward to seeing is the minutes were Wood is out there with Maxi. The defense and the rebounding with those lineups should be stout. For all the (justified) complaints about Wood's defense, apparently he was much better defensively when paired with another big.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote