Thread: Fire Kidd
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 04:51 PM   #48
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
It was a tactical decision that didn't work out obviously, but I don't fault Kidd for making that decision.

Personally, I want to see a more long-term strategic move that would make Hardy become part of the rotation along with Green. Luka, Hardy, and Green are our only hopes for the future, so it only makes sense to start looking at them as the core of this team. Guys like THJ, DFS, Powell, Bullock and Maxi are going to keep us in perpetual mediocrity, so we have to take some type of risk to improve, even if that means taking a step back.
Then the FO adds insult to injury by throwing more average (or lower) players like McGee and Kemba into the mix.

As a fan, I'd be more than happy for the Mavs to go younger with the team as a whole.
I'd take it a step further and go for the starting lineup. Hardy has that upside especially if THJ follows his norms of hot and cold streaks and Hardy steadily improves.

As good as he is scoring, he can improve on passing and off ball, though that isn't as big as defense. He looks lost out there at times and I feel it's more something that will come with practice and time and THEN real game action. I really think he's not far and given another 50+ games this season it becomes a real possibility.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote