View Single Post
Old 12-30-2022, 11:32 AM   #19
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
There's merit to this approach, however. I like it more than leaning on defensive players to create offense.

It's apparent that Kidd's approach is defense leads to offense. With a guy like Wood, not much to teach on the offensive side but maybe getting better at setting picks and becoming a more reliable role guy.

Are we not going to give credit where it's due where Wood has REALLY turned a corner? He's become a reliable defender and much more engaged than earlier in the season. We can go on and on about the starting lineup and how he should have been there from the set. But he's earned it and I believe there's way more behind the scenes work than most fans give credit to.

Professional basketball at its best lately with this squad. Did it take injuries and forced time? Sure, but it took a hell of a lot more to make it all click.
Credit for Wood ratcheting up his defense and interior help.

Kidd should have known the approach was to coach Wood defensively. I could have given Kidd thr benefit if he kept Wood as 6th man for a handful of games but nothing was working, so you have to pivot. He did not. Stubbornly stuck with odd lineups until he didn't have any other options but to start Wood basically.

All credit to Wood.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote