View Single Post
Old 12-30-2022, 12:16 PM   #20
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
There's merit to this approach, however. I like it more than leaning on defensive players to create offense.

It's apparent that Kidd's approach is defense leads to offense. With a guy like Wood, not much to teach on the offensive side but maybe getting better at setting picks and becoming a more reliable role guy.

Are we not going to give credit where it's due where Wood has REALLY turned a corner? He's become a reliable defender and much more engaged than earlier in the season. We can go on and on about the starting lineup and how he should have been there from the set. But he's earned it and I believe there's way more behind the scenes work than most fans give credit to.

Professional basketball at its best lately with this squad. Did it take injuries and forced time? Sure, but it took a hell of a lot more to make it all click.
Oh you know I'm Wood's biggest fan, but it needs to end with a long term contract. If we lose him because of another misguided plan powder in 2024, then it'll be hard to keep supporting the team. I hope that's just a rumor.

But yes, the NBA is driven by offense. Making offensive guys play some D is easier than making defensive guys play offense. Guys like DFS and Green just need too many minutes to give you any sort of meaningful offense. And some nights, no offense at all. You can get away with offensive guys making shots and not playing D on a given night. There is almost no way to get away with defensive guys playing D and not scoring if they are playing big minutes.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote