View Single Post
Old 12-30-2022, 12:35 PM   #21
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Credit for Wood ratcheting up his defense and interior help.

Kidd should have known the approach was to coach Wood defensively. I could have given Kidd thr benefit if he kept Wood as 6th man for a handful of games but nothing was working, so you have to pivot. He did not. Stubbornly stuck with odd lineups until he didn't have any other options but to start Wood basically.

All credit to Wood.
That disingenuous to the coaching staff. Wood deserves more of the credit, sure, but not all. In the end, it's the player who has to be willing to make the changes being asked of you. Big time credit to Wood.

But I can guarantee a lot of hours and work was put in by this staff to get him to realize the potential and fit. Kidd's lack of an early pivot be damned, but it has worked with Wood.

To be clear, I'm in the same camp that was frustrated by the lineups. I'm just glad they sorted it out. Now for the extension...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote