View Single Post
Old 12-30-2022, 12:38 PM   #22
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Oh you know I'm Wood's biggest fan, but it needs to end with a long term contract. If we lose him because of another misguided plan powder in 2024, then it'll be hard to keep supporting the team. I hope that's just a rumor.

But yes, the NBA is driven by offense. Making offensive guys play some D is easier than making defensive guys play offense. Guys like DFS and Green just need too many minutes to give you any sort of meaningful offense. And some nights, no offense at all. You can get away with offensive guys making shots and not playing D on a given night. There is almost no way to get away with defensive guys playing D and not scoring if they are playing big minutes.
...the extension absolutely has to get done. IF...Wood is open to the early extension at 4/$77MM then it's a no brainer. He could very well be betting on himself in order to secure a bigger bag a la Brunson. IF...the rumors have merit that the Mavs FO is posturing at ALL in the way it was floated that they are open to a 2-year extension, then we will all have our pitchforks ready.

Fool me once...lol

And to your point on the D guys, absolutely. Can't force a square peg into a circle hole. But Green has shown some ability to handle and create and they'd be smart to keep chasing that development. DFS/Bullock are what they are and most of their training and practice should be defensively related and any offense should be getting up as many 3's as they can.

Last edited by saclare; 12-30-2022 at 12:39 PM.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote