Thread: Fire Kidd
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2023, 06:56 PM   #63
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I was never aboard with the Kidd firing group.

Someone posted the games that dallas lost being 1 point games and blaming Kidd.

But in reality I'm pretty sure you can also say FT shooting probably hurt this team more than Kidd did in most of those games.

Kidd didn't make THJ or Luka clank FT's late in that Bucks game.

We can agree to disagree with his handling of Wood. But I've had no issues with Kidd demanding Wood to be better on defense. Sure, we can say well Powell sucks on defense and still plays.

Wood is more athletic than Powell and has more length. Sometimes you have to be harder on your best players in order to get maimum defensive effort especially since the dude coasted in Houston and defense wasn't a priority for that team.

I trust Kidd in the fact that he needed Wood to buy in before the playoffs and show consistent effort.

Team started like 13-17 last year and 14-16 this year but Kidd for the 2nd straight year started to get the team going in the right direction after 30 games again.

I think some of you are too harsh on him still bringing up his failures in Milwaukee or elsewhere.

Those years have nothing to do with Dallas....

Hell based on his previous coaching stops and the perception of him the Mavs on paper shouldn't have made it to the WCF's.

I also don't think Kidd is responsible to assembling the roster. That is on Cuban not Kidd.

Last year I gave Kidd about B grade for coaching and this year I think he's still around a B grade.

Considering he's coaching a team that gets beats up on the boards nightly and have to rely on inconsistent guys like THJ, Bullock and Powell he's done a solid job.

Luka isn't the greatest defender but he try's more under Kidd than he did at any other time here.

The team still needs a solid rebounding big man as a small move. They need a nice 2nd option as a bigger move (hopefully Lavine).
I was on board with Kidd from the start. We'll, I didn't have a problem with him like some did, and was willing to give him a shot. I would have graded him an A last season. He surpassed anything I thought he would accomplish.

This season has turned around a bit lately along with a more evened out West conf. I give him a C- for the botched lineups and rotations and being forced to start Wood. I can't give him credit for that as if he had some master plan to prime him on the bench for 20+ games. He would still be coming off the bench if we were full strength and he might be dumb enough to change it back when a few guys return.

FO bears blame too with the roster build. Which is why Kidd doesnt get a worse grade imo. Hopefully they can get a big and Lavine. We need rebounding and we need another legit creator/ scorer who can play both sides a bit.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote