Thread: Mavs @ Thunder
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2023, 11:20 AM   #24
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Any team without their bonafide star isn't going to be good. I think the only ones with success when the stars sits has been MIL and PHI without Giannis and Embiid. Those are the only comps we can call when complaining about this roster IMO. Mavs Muse posted something to this effect but I'd love to see the opponent's win % in those games before drawing any conclusion.

I actually kind of like watching these games. Especially last night as it gave us a longer look at Hardy. He certainly struggled down the stretch and that's OK. He's a 20 year old rookie who will have struggles.

What I simply can't stand is Dinwiddie's complete lack of efficiency when running point and this offense. The guy is an off-ball creator and nothing more. The fact that the FO came into this season so confident in him being the 2nd ballhandler and facilitator should have egg on their face. Save me the Brunson re-hash, there were other options to at least recognize his shortcomings there and if he was going to be the 2nd guy, then you sure as hell better get a strong 3rd piece.

That player isn't on the team. Not Hardy, not Frank, and not Green when he comes back. They need to finally call themselves on this misstep and go out and make a trade.

Edit: I should have ranted more...Dinwiddie pounds the air out of the ball and calls for multiple screens before making up his damn mind. That doesn't work within this system where ball movement and/or penetration is key to opening up shots. He missed m any occassions to pass out of the screen, even if the next guy isn't the end of the sequence. It was call for screen, dribble into double team, back out, call for another screen...

fucking MADDENING lol

Last edited by saclare; 01-09-2023 at 11:22 AM.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote