View Single Post
Old 01-09-2023, 11:25 AM   #160
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I personally don't think he's a 2nd option and shouldn't be paid as one.

I mean even if they lock him he still doesn't put them into championship contention which is probably why Cuban is reluctant

I've bagged on Cuban lately but unless he lands someone like Lavine to play with Luka it doesn't make sense to pay Wood top dollars if he doesn't put you over the top.
The only problem I'd have is if you lose him for nothing. Mavs are now in max Luka times and will have to retain talent when it comes to them. Wood fits that bill and at the very least would be tradeable down the line as an asset.

I'm struggling to see the Lavine fit mostly due to his contract. Is it even doable to get Lavine and retain Wood. That would be something I'm interested in for sure. You'll not be able to do much else, so you have to have high confidence in the fit and even more so in Lavine's health.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote