Thread: Mavs @ Thunder
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2023, 01:06 PM   #29
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
I don't know man... Memphis was 10 and 2 without Ja last year of course they were smart enough to draft Desmond Bane.
20-5 if you want to make a point, go ahead and make it correct. Their run befuddled many "experts" last year and was flukish.

That said, I'm not denying that Bane and Maxey are key components to their team when Ja or Embiid are out. They also have a lot more help around them. Again, not an endorsement of the job this FO has done in building around Luka.

Same season, Mavs were 8-9 without Luka. All losses against playoff teams save the 1-point loss @ SAC. I'd say that's not too shabby. The start to this year being 0-4 is a small sample size but indicative of a poorer roster as the losses include a couple ugly ones.

Still, if a team is missing their top-end star, it's historically going to result in much worse play and generally well below .500.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote