View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 10:14 AM   #72
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I'm not buying into the DFS hate as some have seemed to...the guy is still a very good 3&D type on a fairly friendly deal. The perception of him sucks as he's being asked to guard 1-5 without any other defensive help save for maybe Green when he's in. This team defense is asking to switch incredibly too much, and I'd like to see more man or even man-zone. For as many open threes the Mavs get on offense, they give it up tenfold on the defensive end due to this switch everything scheme.

If Luka isn't embarrassed with his FT shooting yet, I hope last night was a nice eye opener. Surprised he even made the first one...at least he kept going inside when his outside shot was clearly broke early on.

Also, refs called that many fouls because the defense was slow and lazy. I didn't see but a few that might be bitched about (foul on Powell comes to mind).

Dinwiddie once again can't run the offense for shit. He's a glorified 2 guard and that's fine, just stop trying it so much. Hell, Green runs it much more fluidly.

GET LUKA HELP

I fear the FO is going to bank on returns of Wood and Maxi, see a nice little run and punt the trade period. It's glaring that they need another ballhandler/facilitator and rebounding. Not correcting FA mistakes now will only compound them as this season moves on.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote