View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 06:59 AM   #96
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Yea you know it all turin. "Traffic and cost not really an issue." So the $800 or so per year it costs just to keep the lights on is worth it for the half dozen or so new posts made each day? It may not be about the money but if no one's using the site then there isn't much point in keeping it up. And this isn't anything new. Traffic has been a steady decline for several years now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
Disgruntled owner who is unhappy with Cuban. Traffic and cost not really an issue IMO. I've seen this before. Owner wants to take ball and go home. Community members will suffer. I seriously doubt when all is said and done that this site is permitted to continue. He's already mentioned that it's not about the money. More than likely somebody will have to start up another forum and people will need to find it in order to transition over. Like I've said, I just went through this very same scenario in November last year with a forum and group in which I was one of the core people for 15+ years. Owner turned off domain overnight and left a very large community in the dark.

Okay, now that I've said it, how long until this post is deleted, and I get hit with the ban stick? :-O
djb is offline   Reply With Quote