View Single Post
Old 05-15-2021, 02:59 AM   #54
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Yeah, I’ll hang my hat on facts. Don’t forget the other 2 teams were Brooklyn and Miami who are both playoff teams. They might be bad individual defenders, but it doesn’t matter as much if you play good team defense.
https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2021/5...-score-114-110
The Mavericks have to find a higher level of defense
The Mavericks said they were going to focus on playing better defense this season. That was determined to be a lie. It’s true, they’re better than they were last year, but that speaks more to their putrid defense last year than improvement this season. And there are some defensive metrics that point to them being average at stopping teams from scoring. But I don’t know how you could watch this game and believe the Mavericks are good on defense. A Raptors squad fielding almost exclusively end of the bench players got to the rim at will all night. As mentioned above, Porzingis has to be more active while defending the paint, but the Mavericks’ perimeter players also have to be better.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote