View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 04:54 PM   #1450
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently Macon took an Exhibit 10 contract from us. I really wasn't familiar with that kind of contract so I looked it up. I figured I wasn't the only one who didn't know what it was so I posted it.

Exhibit 10, a new type of deal in the most recent collective bargaining agreement (CBA).

A player who is signed to a contract with an Exhibit 10 will receive a bonus up to $50,000 if he signs a contract with the team's G League affiliate upon being waived from the parent club.

However, there is a catch. A player waived by Oct. 17 must report to his G League affiliate by Oct. 20 and remain there for at least 60 days to receive the bonus (in addition to the G League salary). Unlike last season, when a team would incur a salary-cap hit for players with partially guaranteed money who were eventually waived at the end of training camp, an NBA team will not have a cap charge for the bonus money awarded.

A player signed with an Exhibit 10 can also be converted to a two-way contract by the first day of the regular season. The bonus would then be rescinded and the two-way contract would apply.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote