View Single Post
Old 06-26-2003, 10:48 PM   #10
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Grade our draft !!

I give this draft a B+.

They addressed a need with their LATE 1st round pick. A sf that can defend, rebound, and score. He's not undersized, imo. I think it was Aexchange that said he's not a flashy pick, but a solid choice for one of the Mavs needs.

Again, I think too many people are selling him short.

And they did another surprise little move by sending their LATE 2nd round pick to Denver. They'll get Houston's pick next year and while it might only be 10 spots higher, it's a better position to select a raw project for down the line.

I think the Mavs know they have a better chance at landing a big man that can help us this year and maybe next year through free agency instead of late first round pick.