View Single Post
Old 04-15-2004, 12:29 PM   #12
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:Fun with Statistics

Quote:
Originally posted by: FishForLunch
Each person has his own reasons why the War in Iraq is a legitimate one. For me it was to get rid of the Arab Hitler, with some fringe benefits like like denying Hamas, Hizbollah and maybe Alqeda from getting State support for their terrorist activities. So I am glad an US president had the resolve to tackle this situation like Clinton in Kosovo.
The goal of removing Saddam Hussein, which is clearly a good thing, did not require a unilateral action by the US as it could (IMHO) have been better accomplished with multi-national support.

Quote:
I also feel it is an election year issue regarding the June 30th handover uproar created by Ted Kennedy and JFKerry, but I agree with the Iraqis nobody wants to be ruled by occupiers indefinetely, it not as if the US troops will leave Iraq June 30th.
Not quite sure what you're saying here, it certainly is not "Ted Kennedy and JFKerry" who are pushing for the quick handoff but the Bush WH. They didn't cause an "uproar" either, for it is clear that the Iraqis are NOT ready, the systems of goverance are NOT ready, and without the legitimacy that an elected (rather than appointed) government gets the probability for its success is limited. Why the rush? Answer: Fall elections, and the ability of GWBush to make the claim that Iraq is making progress in its new government.

Quote:
I have patience regarding the Iraqi situation, unlike some from the left. I know it is an difficult situation in Iraq and it takes time normalize the situation. I will believe the writing of Iraqis anyday than read stuff in the WP, NYT and BBC.

Read this blog and other Iraqi blog linked on this site to get the views of the Iraqis.

Link

Yes it does take time, so why the rush to orchestrate a faux Government handover at the end of July?

Here's another blog on the same site that also is (presumably) "the writing of Iraqis" that has a bit different view than your writer. Here's what they wrote last Sunday:

"A whole year has passed now and I can't help but feel that we are back at the starting point again. The sense of an impending disaster, the ominous silence, the breakdown of most governmental facilities, the absence of any police or security forces, contradicting news reports, rumours everywhere, and a complete disruption in the flow of everyday life chores.
All signs indicate that it's all spiralling out of control, and any statements by CPA and US officials suggesting otherwise are blatantly absurd"

Iraqi Blog
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote