View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 10:26 AM   #16
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

If you wanted to go a little more conventional, I could see a trade with Memphis for Pau/Warrick for Damp/Ager/Harris.

They get the center they have been wanting and Damp gets close to home. Ager/Harris are young studs.

Dallas gets a frontcourt of Dirk/Pau/Diop/DJ -- not to shabby with a three man rotation at the 4/5 and DJ getting clean up.

Warrick moves to the 3 with George.
Howard moves to starting SG with Stack/Buck
Terry is the starting guard with SuperSpare2 as backup.

I think it would make the frontline more dominant and harder to defend. Not sure about the defense with Dirk/Pau out there, but maybe.

I would hate to lose Harris/Ager as well, but if you can get a dominant frontline in this league, you can usually win. Twin Towers, Shaq (by himself), Bird/McHale/Parrish, Akeem, Kareem/Worthy. Even the Wallaces were fairly dominant.

The only teams I can remember not having a dominant front line, and still winning, is all Jordans teams, and he really had dominant defensive frontlines Rodman, Oakley, Longley.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote