View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #53
Zack232

Zack232 is infamous around these partsZack232 is infamous around these partsZack232 is infamous around these partsZack232 is infamous around these parts
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
It's a variant of the bit to be sure, and a lame one at that.

Do you want me to break this down for you? That doesn't look good for you, since everyone else recognized how stupid it was as soon as you posted it.

First off, I don't even know where you got that quote. I assume it was posted by someone here, but you attributed it to "the mavs". I'm pretty sure "the mavs" didn't post that here or otherwise say it anywhere, so that's your first mistake.

Second, you changed the context. The quote obviously applied to the Thunder fans in one of the first two games. Applying it to Game 3, which occurs on a different time in a different place with different people, makes the original point no longer relevant and it says nothing about whoever originally said it. So that's your second mistake.

Third, the logic of the quote breaks down once you misapply it. If Thunder fans unknowingly wore Mavs shirts, one could argue they might possibly be dumb hicks. But if Mavs fans wore Mavs shirts, knowingly or unknowingly, one cannot possibly make the case from that that they are dumb hicks. So that's your third mistake.

Now that I've said all that, your response will predictably be "But I never said you were a hick blah blah blah..." Of course, you're wrong because the quote became yours once you misapplied it in the wrong context. So that will become your fourth mistake shortly, whenever you choose to make it.

I agree I should of given more context. Yes, that quote was posted in this forum. I couldn't say more than "The Mavs" due to character limits, and I assumed you would get the idea.
No, I didn't change the context. When it was used, it was directed at Thunder fans sporting Mav's blue during the first game. So, Mav's fans sporting Thunder Blue for game 3, is directly correlated.
And I appreciate you constant insults. They are what I would expect from Texans. Win arguments by shooting your pistols in the air and questioning any outsider's masculinity.
Zack232 is offline   Reply With Quote