View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #25
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Unfortunately i think that is where you're wrong, and why i think the whole premise of your otherwise excellent post, is a little questionable. I mean yeah, we finished last year's regular season badly, but! Last year's team started out the year with what, a 21-5 W/L record, with one of the hardest early schedule? We were spanking elite teams left and right, i believe we were either 15-0, or 15-1 against playoff teams at one point.

After then, injuries happened, and we started to play inconsistently. Then march came, and we had a string of 23 games, where we won 20 games, and we were leading (!) in all of the other 3, with 1 minute left in the game, and ended up losing them, i think at least 2 of them on buzzers. Just think about it, a couple 50/50 ball goes the other way, and we could have had a 23 games winning streak.

What i'm trying to say, especially in hindsight, that the writing was on the wall. That team had it in them. Without writing off this years's team (which i would never do) the 2011/2012 Mavs is yet to show us that kind of efficiency, and domination, that last year team showed, even before the playoffs.
They weren't "spanking" top teams. They were piling up the wins with late game execution though which has been the downfall of this year's team.

On another note...
The time that was wasted on the Lamar Odom experiment really set this team back . The 2nd unit of Terry/Roddy/Carter/Wright(Dirk)/Mahimni could have rivaled last year's 2nd unit if it had more playing time together to gel.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote