View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #40
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Chandler I get, but what did Barea bring that Roddy and Carter don't bring ten-times over?
Although JJB clearly wasn't nearly as important as Tyson and his numbers weren't spectacular throughout last year's playoffs, he did in fact have some great games by his standards and contributed big time to our ring. Two very productive games against each the Lakers and OKC come to mind, and his Game 6 contributions against Miami should always be rememebered fondly. Not to mention that he wasn't afraid of showing up when it mattered the most, which was basically in every final game of every series.

JJB certainly won't be the difference-maker, yet he's one of them. Whether it was Tyson, JJB, Peja, DeShawn or even Brewer--they all had an impact on last year's playoffs, some of them at times a big one even. Not having either one's contributions could be too much to overcome this time, and that doesn't even take into account just how tremendous Jet and particularly Dirk were last year.

I'm not saying it'll be impossible to repeat. However, I just don't feel confident at all about our chances either. That said, last year I wasn't confident either and all the magic only occured until after the playoffs had started. Hoping for the best is still very much the best mantra.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote